Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday Morning II

I have never been able to figure out why ESPN stops running the crawler with up-to-date scores when any advertising appears on the screen. Am I the only person who changes to another channel, even another ESPN outlet, in order to watch the crawler and hopefully see the score that I'm desperate to see?

The answer is simple: Just keep the crawler going THRU the ads! I'll keep watching.

I even checked this out for myself by watching, surprise, ESPN News. That's right! One of ESPN's own outlets continues to show scores on the crawler while sponsors pitch their products. Guess what? I continued to watch and, unlike ESPN or ESPNII, was aware of the advertiser's content.

I know, some of the big execs will say that they don't want any attention paid to their ads to be diluted with the crawler, but isn't some attention better than NO attention?


***
Previous:

Monday Morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home